Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Beating the Heat with ICED Coffee


For many of us we like to drink coffee in the morning to inject a little caffeine into our system, or like to savior the flavor in the afternoon.  Well, when it is summer and temperatures have risen an iced coffee sounds a little more enticing.  With prices soaring and the sugar content out of your hands I have the perfect Healthy choice to your iced coffee problem.  I brew my coffee (decaf in afternoon) pour over fat free milk, 1 scoop of chocolate protein, 1 tsp of sugar free coffee creamer, and ice.  I shake it up and ready to drink.  Here is the label break down:  35 g protein, 15 g sugar, 4 g fat, and 200 calories.  This makes for a great afternoon snack and pick me up.  I also found this article from HuffingtonPost on Iced Coffee.  It was an interesting read with a couple more options.  Try it out and let me know how you like it. 

-E