Tuesday, July 31, 2012

DIY Decor


First I made a chevron template to fit on canvas. I just made sure all angles were 90 degress. You can also find the template online. I did not find this out until after I was done. Then I taped above the template with 1 1/2 in. painters tape. This way I would not have to make as many lines.   To make the chevron design continue to the other canvas' I created the tape markes with them side by side, then separated them to paint.



I have been busy lately working on some projects for my house, so I have been away from the computer.  I have been inspired  by many DIY projects on pinterest and thought I would do one my self.  I started with redoing our guest bedroom.  I just loved all the greys and yellows I saw on the design boards, so that is what I went with.  First, I painted the walls a light grey (1 gallon, $30) to accent the new headboard we just got.  I didn't want to have to spend much money on this room, as it is only used a couple times a year, so I just used an old down comforter and old pillows (acually new, they came with our couch, but I hate the designe) and made new pillow cases for them.  I spent a total on $30 on fabric.  I purchased the curatins at Target for $20 a panel.  The chevron pictures are another DIY project I did.  I bought the canvas' from Hobby Lobby, 2 for $8.00.  To make the grey paint I mixed black and white (I already had these at home) and purchase a small acrylic paint tube from the store for $2.00.  I am also working on redoing the dresser, which I will make another post when it is finished.  Total redo cost...$100.